New mothers deserve all the comfort; that’s why choosing the best incontinence underwear (also known as postpartum panties, bladder leak underwear, or period panties for incontinence) is essential. With the most excellent postpartum bleeding and healing protection, you can concentrate on what matters: connecting with and caring for your newborn baby.
Continue reading as this article by Care for Child will help you learn more about Incontinence Underwear and things to consider before buying the right postpartum period panties for incontinence.
What is Incontinence Underwear?
Underwear for Incontinence females, also known as adult diapers or absorbent underwear, is designed for individuals who experience urinary incontinence. These underwear are designed to protect against leaks and accidents.
Incontinence underwear is typically made with an absorbent material that can hold a large amount of liquid, and it may also feature a waterproof layer that helps to prevent leaks. They come in various styles and sizes to fit different body shapes and needs.
Some underwear, such as SuperBottoms MaxAbsorb Bladder Leak Underwear, include additional features such as 4 layers of fabric, full body coverage, leak-free, strain-proof, rash-free, and a soft, comfortable feel that can be worn all day. All of these qualities in underwear for incontinence females help individuals with incontinence preserve their confidence and quality of life.
Made from sustainable and natural fabrics – Bamboo, Lycra & Cotton Terry, these underwears are designed for your utmost comfort.
What Is Incontinence After Childbirth?
Incontinence after childbirth refers to the loss of bladder or bowel control that some women experience after giving birth. Incontinence can occur due to the strain and pressure placed on the pelvic floor muscles during pregnancy and childbirth, leading to weakened or damaged pelvic floor muscles.
There are two main types of incontinence that women may experience after childbirth:
Stress incontinence: This is the most common type of incontinence after childbirth. It is characterised by urine leakage when pressure is placed on the bladder, such as during coughing, sneezing, laughing, or physical activity.
Urge incontinence: This type of incontinence is characterised by a sudden and strong urge to urinate, followed by the involuntary loss of urine before reaching the bathroom.
It is a transitory condition that may improve as the pelvic floor muscles heal, so if women have incontinence after giving birth, they should consult their healthcare professional.
5 Reasons To Choose The Best Incontinence Underwear Post-Pregnancy?
Incontinence is a common issue experienced by many women after giving birth. Here are five reasons why you may need the best incontinence underwear post-pregnancy:
1. Urinary incontinence: Many women experience urinary incontinence after birth due to weakened pelvic floor muscles. MaxAbsorb Incontinence underwear can protect against leaks and accidents.
2. Heavy bleeding: In the immediate postpartum period, women may experience heavy bleeding, also known as lochia. Incontinence underwear can provide additional protection and absorbency during this time.
If you are a new mother or your baby is due in a few months, ensure you have all of the baby and mother basics on hand, such as SuperBottoms cloth diapers, nursing pads, langots, and baby wipes, to avoid last-minute hassles.
3. Comfort: Incontinence underwear is designed to be comfortable and gentle on sensitive areas, which can be particularly important after giving birth when the body is healing. Therefore make sure you choose period panties for incontinence made of premium plant-based material like SuperBottoms MaxAbsorb Incontinence underwear.
4. Convenience: New mothers may find it difficult to visit the bathroom after giving birth, especially if they are also caring for a newborn. Incontinence underwear can provide peace of mind and reduce the need for frequent bathroom breaks.
5. Gradual return to normalcy: It can take time for the body to fully recover after giving birth, including the pelvic floor muscles. Incontinence underwear can be a helpful tool in gradually returning to normal activities without worrying about accidents.
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Postpartum Underwear?
There are several things to consider before buying the best incontinence underwear. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
1. Size: Your body will change after giving birth, so choosing postpartum underwear that will fit comfortably is essential. Look for underwear in various sizes with adjustable features such as stretchy waistbands or adjustable tabs.
2. Material: Postpartum underwear should be made from soft, breathable, and stretchy materials that won’t irritate sensitive areas. Consider underwear made from cotton or bamboo fabrics like MaxAbsorb Incontinence Underwear.
3. Absorbency: You may experience bleeding or discharge after giving birth, so it’s essential to choose absorbent postpartum underwear. Look for underwear with a built-in pad or liner or accommodating a disposable pad. With SuperBottoms Incontinence Underwear, you get underwear, with the first layer being bamboo & lycra, quickly drawing away the blood to the subsequent layers. The second and third layers are cotton terry, where the real absorption happens. It holds the blood in both layers to lock it. The last layer has a laminated finish to keep it stain free.
4. Convenience: Consider the level of convenience you need from your postpartum underwear. Some options may have a pull-on design for easy wear and full coverage that stretches with your body, while others may have snaps or hooks for easier access during postpartum recovery.
5. Price: Postpartum underwear can vary, so consider your budget when purchasing. Remember that quality and functionality are important factors, so it may be worth investing in higher-quality underwear that will provide the support and comfort you need.
How Long Should Postpartum Underwear Be Worn after Giving Birth?
The duration for wearing postpartum underwear post-pregnancy can vary for each individual. Generally, postpartum bleeding can last up to six weeks, although the period can be shorter or longer depending on the individual. During this time, it is recommended to wear postpartum underwear for maximum protection and comfort.
After the first few days following delivery, when bleeding is typically heaviest, you may be able to switch to a lighter absorbency or regular underwear. However, it’s essential to listen to your body and adjust accordingly. If you experience heavy bleeding or discomfort, it may be best to continue wearing postpartum underwear until the bleeding has subsided.
Wearing incontinence underwear or pads can help women feel more comfortable and confident in public.
However, if you are suffering from incontinence after giving delivery, you should consult with your doctor. They can offer advice on how to manage incontinence and assist in determining the best treatment options depending on individual needs.