During the last few days of the pregnancy, you will notice that the mother-to-be has a newfound energy level. She would like to have room decoration for newborn baby, would think about baby boy room decor ideas or girl room ideas, cleaning every corner, decorating and Preparing House Before the Baby’s Arrival. This is known as the nesting instinct. A mother’s instinct wants to keep everything ready, clean, organized, and at its best for the baby. This is the best time to use this energy and creativity to decide on your baby’s room decor and keep the nursery or baby room ready before labour kicks in.
Things To Remember While Doing Room Decoration For Baby Welcome
An excellent-looking baby room with the perfect baby room decor ideas is great to have. But first things first, there are certain things you need to keep in mind before finalizing your room decoration for new born baby:-
- Babyproofing – Your baby might not need all the baby proofing done from day one, But once the baby arrives, it will be challenging to do the hardware and installation changes. So, it is better to get the baby proofing of your baby’s nursery done before going ahead with the baby’s room decor.
- Sleeping Arrangement – Before you decide on the baby boy room decor ideas or baby girl room decor ideas, you need to answer questions such as in which room your baby will be sleeping, will your baby be sleeping in its crib or with you on a bed, will the crib be attached to the bed or separate, etc.
- Convenience – Another concern that you need to address is convenience. The furniture you get for your baby’s room, the fittings, and the organizing hacks should determine how easy or difficult it is to access everything you need in your baby’s room without moving around all the time.
- Breastfeeding Corner – If you exclusively breastfeed, you would spend a significant amount of your time as a child, at least for the first six months or beyond. Thus, having a cozy corner where you can sit and breastfeed peacefully is essential. A comfortable chair with pillows, a small table to place a bottle or jug of water for when you feel thirsty, a burp cloth, etc., should be a part of the planning.
- Lighting & Ventilation – In the initial months, your baby will not have a fixed sleeping schedule and will not be sleeping through the night. Thus, comfortable day naps are crucial for their growth. In addition, a room with proper lighting, drapes, or curtains when lighting is not needed, and adequate ventilation for fresh air is essential for your baby’s comfort and health.
Must-Have Essentials In Your Newborn Baby Room Decoration
As you and your baby will be spending a lot of time in the room where your baby will nap, sleep and stay, whether it be the same bedroom as you sleep in or a separate nursery for the baby, there are a few things that you need at an arm’s length – the must-have essentials.
- Diaper Caddy – A caddy for all the accessories, diapers, wipes, and personal care items you might need to carry to the washroom or different rooms.
- Multipurpose Organiser – SuperBottoms Multipurpose Organiser will help you keep all the diapers, diaper accessories, burp cloths, change clothes, etc., well organized for easy access and have everything ready that you need while massaging, before and after bathing handy.
- Feeding Chair & Pillow – For comfortable breastfeeding whenever your baby needs it.
- Washbasin – For a quick hand or bum wash.
- Books & Toys – For playtime, bedtime, and entertainment.
- Floor Mat or Play Gym – For tummy time and playtime.
Baby Room Decor Styles
- All Colour Coordinated – For people who like everything in the same color scheme and coordinated, you may want to design the baby room decor in a way that the furniture, the drapes n curtains, the rug, the furnishing & the wall colors and designs are all coordinated in a color scheme of your choice.
- Mismatched Colors – Sometimes, there is a charm in the chaos. Many people like to decorate a room in all mismatched colors. This, too, has its appeal.
- Simplistic & Minimalistic – Keeping the furniture and décor to the bare minimum and simplistic is sustainable and trendy.
- Lettering – A quote from your favorite children’s book, an inspiring message for the parents, random alphabet and numbers – gives your baby’s room an inspiring look with some lettering art.
- Nature & Animals – Plants and animals painted over the walls, some live plants around the room, or wall decals inspired by nature make for adorable baby room themes and styles.
- Cartoon Characters – There is something about cartoon characters that equally appeal to kids and adults. Of course, you can never go wrong with classic animated characters or superheroes as your baby room decor theme.
Select The Right Colour
Experts recommend pastel tones for room decoration for newborn babies as pastel tones are known to improve your baby’s concentration. Essential palettes such as baby pink, light gray, lemony yellow, sky blue, or even the good old white are famous and recommended.
Sharp tones of color and contrasts lead to the sharpening of memory. Thus, as your baby grows, you can add more colors, characters, splashes, and styles to the baby’s room decor. Of course, this does not apply only to the room walls, but the room decoration for new born baby can be extended to the furniture, the drapes and curtains, and even the floor carpets.
10 Creative Ideas To Decorate Your Baby’s Room
- A Bookcase Wall – A bookcase wall is an excellent addition to the newborn baby room decoration as adding and introducing books into your baby’s life is to read to them and ensure they grow up with books around them. A vintage bookshelf or one with cute art is a perfect addition to your baby’s room decor.
- Wind Chimes & Dreamcatchers – Something to catch their attention and keep them wondering & occupied with colorful wind chimes with very gentle soothing sounds, and dreamcatchers are a must-have in your baby’s room.
- Ceiling Art – In the first few months, your baby will be awake most of the time on their back. So why give them the tedious white ceiling view? Instead, add some art to the ceiling and give them the first-hand Sistine Chapel experience!
- Memory Wall – There will be many things from your baby’s childhood that you would want to preserve. So get their first-day picture, first onesie, handprint, footprints, etc., framed and create a unique memory wall. You can also go a bit extra creative with the newborn baby room decoration and get special people in their life to write messages and sign them on this wall.
- Rainbows, Stars & The Moon – Made from felt, cloth, painting, or stickers – adding a dash of magical rainbows, clouds, stars & the moon would add a lot of magic to your little one’s room!
- Photo Wall – A picture from every milestone, every photo shoot, or every particular family member and friend, a photo wall is an excellent addition to your baby’s room decor.
- Plush & Soft Toys – For generations, soft toys & plushies have been one gift or a baby item that all kids love! Add a shelf or a corner that you can decorate with plushies and soft toys, even if your baby is not introduced to them yet.
- A Rocking Chair – This is not just an excellent addition to the look and aesthetics of your baby’s room decor but is also a utility piece of furniture that you can sit on and rock your baby to sleep during bedtime or nap time.
- Wooden Blocks Corner – This is something your baby can later play with; jumbo-size wooden blocks with alphabets painted look trendy. Using these as props for photoshoots, you can also spell your baby’s name out.
- A Corner For The Parents – A recliner, a bed, or a sofa that can turn into a bed – having some furniture for parents to rest on for days when your baby needs you around is also a great idea.
Do’s & Don’t Of Baby Room Decor
- Choose your paint carefully. Go for a color that has no lead and, is chemical-free, does not feel off or come off quickly.
- Install proper warm lighting in the baby’s room.
- App carpet or rug to the floor.
- DO NOT forget to add storage options to your newborn baby’s room decoration. You would need endless things for your newborn, and proper storage furniture and other options will be a life savior.
- DO NOT forget to stock up on all your baby’s essential items at least one month in advance. Although this has nothing to do with baby room decor, you will need to designate a place for all your baby’s essentials, and later, once the baby arrives, you will not get much time to go out and shop; it is better to sort this out in advance.
- DO NOT keep any small loose items around the room to avoid a choking hazard.
As we say, our house reflects our personality. Until your baby has no choices and preferences regarding their room décor, this is your chance to make the most out of room decoration for baby welcome, set an inspiring place for them to grow up in, and take a million pictures to create memories together. So, go creative and let the room reflect your parenting personality.
In conclusion, baby room decor ideas can be a fun and exciting experience for new parents. With these 10 easy and creative ideas from Care for Child, you can create a comfortable and inviting space for your little one to grow and thrive. From using bold colors and patterns to incorporating personalized touches and functional storage solutions, there are many ways to make your baby’s room beautiful and practical. Remember to prioritize safety and comfort when selecting furniture and decor, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your design choices. With a little bit of imagination and effort, you can create a unique space that both you and your baby will love.